Homemade Dijon Breaded Baked Chicken Strips
I bet you’re all wondering how I did at hot yoga on Saturday? Well I’m happy to say that I survived! It was an hour long sweaty hot mess, but I wasn’t once corrected by the master yogi man (yes!), and felt really good afterwards. And two days later my abs and butt are still reminding me of the experience.
I woke up yesterday not feeling that well so took a sick day. My head was hurting, scratchy throat, sore ear…tons of fun. So last night I wanted some comfort food. I decided to make homemade chicken fingers! These are great because they’re baked not fried, and if you use panko crumbs they’re even better! I always prefer panko, but I was out and only had traditional breadcrumbs in my pantry so that’s what I used. This is also another installment of Single Girl Cooks!
I planned this meal to have lunch leftovers so used 2 chicken breasts. I typically stock up on chicken by buying the family packs when they’re on sale, and dividing them into freezer bags to make individual portions. If you are looking to make this meal for more than 1 or 2 portions just double or triple the mixtures in the bowls and use more chicken breasts. Easy-peasy!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease or spray baking dish.
Whisk together 1 egg and 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard in a small bowl. In a second bowl combine 1/4 cup breadcrumbs or panko crumbs, 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon parsley, 1 teaspoon garlic salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
I ate these with cream of mushroom rice. Yum!
Here’s the full recipe:
Homemade Dijon Breaded Baked Chicken Fingers
2 chicken breasts
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/4 cup breadcrumbs or panko-crumbs2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease or spray 9×13 baking dish.
3. Whisk 1 egg and 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard.
4. In another bowl combine, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs or panko crumbs, 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon parsley, 1 teaspoon garlic salt, 1 teaspoon pepper.
5. Cut 2 chicken breasts into strips.
6. Take each strip and dip into egg and mustard mixture, then roll in breadcrumb mixture. Place in baking dish. Repeat with each strip.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping strips halfway.
Do you prefer making your own chicken strips or do you go store bought?